Rush - Alex Lifeson
That moment when you learn that Ronnie James Dio went to college at SUNY Buffalo (aka where I would have gone to school if it wasn’t in Narnia) and majored in pharmacy (aka what I’m currently in school for).
And he grew up not too far from my sister’s college.
Soundgarden - Rusty Cage
Peter Steele at Coney Island
The next generation of scientists is already hard at work solving our biggest problems. Take Deepika Kurup, a 14-year-old high school student from Nashua, New Hampshire. After seeing children in India drinking dirty water from a stagnant pool, she decided, in her words, “to find a solution to the global water crisis.” And then she actually made some progress towards that goal, developing a solar-powered water purification system.
She is the future
Ever notice how it’s always brilliant teenagers making stuff that will actually solve the world’s worst problems, like what do adults even do?
twelfth??? what the fuck is this. what the fuck is this bullshit. this is Not True
Second from the top.
That is actually accurate.
bass players are so important
seriously jealousy is the worst emotion
you’re not only really sad but you’re really annoyed and helpless at the same time
and you feel pathetic like you’re ruining people’s fun but don’t want to be left out so you just sit around quietly annoyed
okay so I’ve seen a lot of really cool things around the internet so I thought I’d compile a bunch of references and fun things into one easy post for y’all! this has been a real long time in the making but it’s finally finished uwu (◡‿◡✿)
- any links on this masterpost broken? use this!BEING AN ADULT
- 50 sci fi and fantasy works every socialist should read
- a simple unbiased political resource for young adults in the uk
- a whole bunch of cv/resume templates
- any lipstick colour you want for cheap
- college survival masterpost
- food for broke college kids
- how to answer common job interview questions
- how to become an adult
- how to look busy even when you’re not
- learn languages
- need to escape from a bad home situation?
- short introductions to politics and other grown up issues
- should i vote ukip?
- what are my transferable skills?
- what the fuck should i make for dinner?
- writing a cover letterCHEER UP
- 24/7 cute animal livestreams
- 7 cups of tea
- cute websites
- feeling ok?
- feeling stressed?
- for when u hav feelings
- for when ur sad my lil pumpkin
- happy things
- positivity tag
- trekkie care packageFILMS
- afi’s top 100
- all the disney and pixar u could want
- animated faves
- find a good movie to watch
- ghibli \ wes anderson \ sofia coppola
- good movies to watch whenever
- lgbtqia+ movies
- lovely big movie masterpost
- ooo scary movies
- studio ghibli subs n dubs
- totally 90’s
- what do you mean we’re not 10 any more?FOOD
- a whole bunch of delicious recipes
- breakfast on the go
- cheap and healthy snacks
- ever wanted to try lembas bread?
- lavender lemonade
- make your own vitamin water
- microwave mug snacks
- my food and recipe tag
- no more ramen
- quick and easy snacks
- quick and easy soups
- recipes from your favourite fandoms
- smoothie recipes for every occasion
- study snacks
- supercook ingredient match
- thinking about going vegan?FUN STUFF
- cute games
- if ur real bored
- coolio psychological games to make u think
- easy blanket nest
- more cutie games
- plants that help bees
- realistic drawings and animations of plants
- reject someone in elvish
- waste time!
- write a letter to a disney characterGENDER & SEXUALITY
- chest binder tutorial
- helpcorgi’s gender + sexuality masterpost
- if someone tries to tell you your sexuality isn’t natural
- lgbtqia+ movies
- movies about gay ladies
- music monday
- resources for cis allies
- roundup of the best ya novels w lgbtqia+ characters
- simple cami binderMENTAL ILLNESS
- 7 cups of tea
- anxiety masterpost
- bipolar disorder masterpost
- depression masterpost
- disorder specific coping strategies
- feeling isolated?
- help w mental illness
- if you’re not good at reading body language
- need help but low on cash?
- panic and anxiety info and resources
- read web text more easily
- recovering from emotional trauma
- recovery resourcesSCHOOL
- a fuckload of free books
- back to school masterpost
- can’t afford microsoft word?
- cool sciency things
- exam survival
- getting up in the morning
- gigantic study masterpost
- learn anything | also on youtube
- lots and lots of free books
- peer-reviewed alternative to wikipedia
- pull an all-nighter
- remember more of the things you study
- simple essay structure
- study skills
- useful websitesSELF CARE
- alleviate menstrual cramps
- boost your confidence
- funny non gendered sex education
- love yourself!
- more sex ed
- on your period?
- self help after anxiety
- stop biting your nails
- stop procrastinating
- stop skipping breakfast
- super silky summer legs
- tumblr saviour for the rest of the webSOUNDS
- all the music posts you’ve reblogged
- calming noises
- daft punk
- get shit done mix
- music to write to
- my mixes on 8tracks
- star trek ambient sounds
- star trek ds9 infirmary background ambience
- when you can’t remember the name of a song
- which artist should i listen to next?THEMES
- brilliant theme makers and other useful things
- list of simple theme makers
- make your own theme from scratch
- the cutest themes on this websiteTV
- 90’s cartoons
- black comedy written by charlie brooker
- bob ross’ joy of painting
- cute urban fantasy miniseries w positive depiction of a disabled character
- danish political intrigue w subtitles
- every star trek episode ever
- gangsters in the ’20s - gr8 lady characters
- giles & sue
- how to watch classic who | now here’s the masterpost!
- jack davenport and idris elba fight vampires
- paul mcgann fan? you will be after this
- series about cool people starting a colony on another planet - if you enjoy babylon 5 and deep space nine you’ll love this
- the hour
- the x files
- twin peaksMISC
please let kurt cobain inspire all punk fuckboys to defend women and wear cute dresses
Mod: It’s pretty simple really. What you do is go to Google images
And you’ll see this
You click that little camera and you’ll see this
Once that comes up, just copy paste the URL or upload the image from the other tab you see there. Soon enough, you’ll find the source.
Let me find an example
See how this is unsourced?
Just right click on it and click on “Copy image URL”
Once you do that, go back to here and paste
Then click “Search by image” and you’ll see something like this
Sometimes you’ll see something automatically put into the search bar, but that’s ok. But sometimes it’s completely irrelevant to the image, so you can take out part of it or just retype it and press enter and everything will be fine.
See? Just fine. Now to try and find the image. Most images are from deviantart, so stick to that first before going to pixiv or tumblr. Weheartit, polyvore, pinterest, imgur, and instagram are not sources (sometimes instagram but most of the time they’re just screenshots that have been filtered).
And there ya go! See, it was on the first page too. Sometimes it’s a few pages down, but most of the time it’s within the first three.
Then you go to the image that’s there. After making sure that’s the picture, and that it’s one that the person actually made (on occasion people on deviantart just upload art that isn’t theirs. I’ve encountered that a few times. Just inform the original artist and report the art thief). Once all is good, copy one of two links. The one at the top in the URL bar, or the one that you see beneath the details of the image that goes along the lines of “http://fave.me/——-“
Then you go back to the unsourced art (I tend to save them in my drafts in case I make a mistake). Highlight “Source” and then click on that insert link button (it looks kinda like an 8 or infinity sign)
Paste the link and then press “insert link.” I generally check off the little box to be considerate to other users in case they were checking out something on their blog.
Once you see that’s underlined and that those two little icons are glowing, all is well. That means the link was included.
Then you can chose whether or not to save the draft or post it or add to queue or anything else. I post tend to post after I source, but everyone is different, so do whatever floats your boat.
TADA!~ It has been done. You can even ask the person to source it, but they generally don’t do it. And if you ever see your own art put up, just go to https://www.tumblr.com/dmca and you can report the person for putting up your work without the source. Tumblr will also take it down along with all the reblogs.
The process is actually really quick, like 30 seconds to a minute or so, the tutorial just took a while to make.
So there you go! I hope you enjoyed the tutorial.